Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Reading Notes: Saints and Animals Part A

I chose this unit because I love animals and was interested to see how they were woven into these stories with the saints. While I really enjoyed Saint Blaise and His Beasts due to the accumulation of several different animals, I believe the story that I liked the most was Saint Kentigern and the Robin. I like how in this story, no matter how much the others bully and try to bring down Kentigern, he stays working hard and righteously. Kentigern does not let the others discourage him. The appearance of his powers when the fire goes out is surprising and adds another wrinkle to the story. When Saint Servan's robin is killed, Kentigern keeps his faith and believes that God will give him the power to prove his innocence with shows his dedication and finally allows for the others to appreciate Kentigern.


Source: Book of Saints and Friendly Beasts by Abbie Farwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia Trail: From Computer to C (programming language)

Computer : A computer is a machine that can be instructed to carry out sequences of logical operations automatically via computer programmin...