Monday, January 20, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

Here is my tentative reading plan for the semester:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad 

Week 4: Gospel of Mark

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Sinbad 

Week 6: Fables of Bidpai

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology 

Week 9: Lang

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Great Plains 

Week 11: Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Robin Hood

Week 13: King Arthur

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Lang I 

Week 15: Inferno

I am excited to read more and learn about these myths and folklores. I am specifically excited for the Asian unit and the Japanese Mythology reading that I plan on doing as I am Japanese and this topic is really interesting to me. This semester will help me grow tremendously as a reader and writer. 

Illustration From The Labors of Yamato (Hathi Trust)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia Trail: From Computer to C (programming language)

Computer : A computer is a machine that can be instructed to carry out sequences of logical operations automatically via computer programmin...