Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Storybook Favorites

I browsed through the story books and reviewed the introductions of the three following stories.
Storybook (pxhere)


First was "A Trickster's Tale" and I was very intrigued. While the intro doesn't tell as much as I think it should about what the story will be like, it is very creative and draws the reader in. The first person point of view and the use of dialogue is very effective in this introduction. The dim color of the picture sets the scene of the story and because it is the first thing you see, prepares the reader for what is to follow. Overall, this was a very creative intro and I would like to read more of this story. I would also like to possibly model some pieces of my storybook after this one.

The next story that I reviewed was "Death's Story" which was not as strong as the previous story. Firstly, the image on the introduction page did not seem to relate much to the information given in the introduction and did not add anything to the story. The introduction itself also did not provide the reader with much information and leaves much of what the story will be about up in the air. I think that the content in this introduction could be improved while the layout works well.

Finally, "Tarzan and Jane's School for Feral Children" was the third story that I reviewed. I liked the premise of this story as it is a spin-off of a classic story that I watched as a child. This was effective in drawing me in. The pictures are relatable to the story as it shows the characters and relatable pieces of the story. I like the risk that the author took in drawing from a classic and I think it paid off in this introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wikipedia Trail: From Computer to C (programming language)

Computer : A computer is a machine that can be instructed to carry out sequences of logical operations automatically via computer programmin...